The Department of State Development offers a range of appealing working conditions and attractive benefits to support its people in creating a healthy work/life balance.
A comprehensive list of DSD’s conditions and benefits is available in this publication.
General conditions of service are covered under various awards, acts and agreements.
The primary instruments are the Public Service Award 1992 and the Public Service and Government Officers General Agreement (PSGOGA) 2014. Some of our conditions include:
- Four weeks' annual leave per calendar year
- 13 weeks' long service leave after completion of seven years' continuous service
- 9.5 per cent superannuation
- Flexible working hours, including part-time and flexi-time
- Paid parental leave
- Carers leave
- Study leave
- Self-funded/purchased leave
- Public service holidays in lieu – two days per calendar year
We pride ourselves on the fact we provide a supportive, flexible and understanding working environment.
We encourage our people to take advantage of the range of benefits we offer to support a balanced professional and personal life. Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangements including the potential for home-based work
- Employee Assistance Program for each employee and their immediate family
- Salary packaging
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A Wellness Program that supports a range of exercise classes and corporate sporting events
- Career development through professional development programs
- Social Club activities including sundowners, quiz nights, movie screenings and other special events