The Western Australian Government operates 11 international offices in the state’s key trading regions, with the headquarters in Perth. These overseas offices specialise in linking like-minded investors and are often the first international point of contact for people seeking business opportunities in Western Australia.
- China – offices in Shanghai and Hangzhou look after China, Taiwan and Hong Kong
- India – office in Mumbai, looks after South Asia, including India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan
- Indonesia – office in Jakarta
- Japan – offices in Tokyo and Kobe
- Kenya – office in Nairobi looks after Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and other select African countries
- Singapore – looks after the island republic and the wider region
- South Korea – office in Seoul
- United Arab Emirates – office in Dubai, looks after the Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
- United Kingdom – office in London, looks after Europe, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
The head office at the Department of State Development oversees all international operations and works in tandem with federal agencies including the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and AusTrade to promote Western Australia industry and expertise in the international marketplace.